Sunday, February 7, 2010

Boxpleat and Not Boxpleat

After all this time, I find that maybe I am ready to blog again.  The interesting thing is that "boxpleat" is up to other things.

About 3 months ago I went through a bit of a "bad patch."  Nothing dramatic, just didn't feel well, couldn't get motivated.  I have a mountain of work to be photographed for the Doll Side of my self but it just sits there.  Around the beginning of the year, I decided that I should take THAT message to heart and find some other outlet at least for a while.  The current new outlet for now is quilting (which I had given up earlier when I started expending all my sewing/designing energies on the 12-16" set.) 

Over the Summer when I was in the States with my Mother, I learned some new quilting techniques and that interest has busied my brain a great deal of late if not my hands so much.  I decided to start a quilting group to encourage some of my local lady-friends to sew more, and to feel as if I was DOING something.  After a few false starts care of national holidays and vomiting (yeah, it was a great couple of weeks!) I changed the name to "The Cursed Quilt Group" and we are ready to have some fun.

So here on this blog, starting today and probably on a highly irregular basis,  I am going to try to document a bit of what I am actually up to.  For those of you hoping to see doll stuff, there will be some again sometime soon, but not yet.  For those of you who are interested in the quilting, well, since that is the current thing there will be a good bit of that, at least for a while.  For those of you who just want to join my little cult of personality, welcome. k.

No comments: