Friday, October 19, 2007

Commentary on Round 1

The cryptic notes at the end of the journal are actually the high points that I wanted to hit in my "Judge's Questionaire."

I just got word from Ted that he thinks he still has that information and will get back to me Sunday. I think I will be able to come back and "edit" my post to add that information in. I guess we will see.

In other news, my husband was around quite a bit during this round as he took off days from work to support me. I think that, while others may not agree, I have the best husband in the world. Feel free to contest, if you will, but let me just say that in addition to his many more predictably husband-y good traits, this man is willing to patiently listen as I show off my...wait for it....fabric purchases! And no, not to complain about how much I spent. I can't tell you how many times I have asked him to go check something in my office because I need some positive reinforcement on a project; and he does it without complaint. What a marvelous man, and he is all mine! (I would post a picture of him, but he tends to object. Our entire trip to Hungary early in our marriage is documented with only me in the pictures. Not sure how he gets away with it!)

Also of note: When it came time to actually ship the dress and shoes, I was in a real quandry. The bias cut nature of the gown meant that if it spent the whole transit time in a heap at the bottom of the box it would actually lose its shape and need to "hang out" again so the seams would hug the curves and the hem would hang straight. I ended up securing the dress with a large collection of ribbon loops attached to a big piece of cardboard.

That wasn't the only shipping adventure, however. This round I sent my design via Express Mail...but it didn't arrive in express time. As this was the first round, I was really frantic when it didn't show up when promised. It arrived much later the next day, and I don't even think I was the last one in, but I was certainly worried until it did.

Next post: My reactions to the round and some detail pics for my gown.

No comments: