Friday, October 19, 2007

Okay, so I lied


I realized while typing the Bio and Protraits post that I had better fill in a few of the details....otherwise, you might be surprised! About 2 weeks after we heard about "the baby" and many emails and interactions with both birthmother and birthfather, both had decided that we were the right family for him. With the papers signed, we just had to wait until he was born.

We got word from Project Dollway that I had been selected about this time. I had great hopes that the challenges would begin right away so that I could get one under my belt before the added complication of a newborn, but that was not to be! Issac was late and PD was delayed and as it happens, they both came home to roost the same week. Isaac was born on Friday, April 13th. He stayed with his birthmother in the hospital until Monday evening when he came home with us. We received word of the Challenge on Wednesday morning Eastern Standard Time....which meant I actually read the challenge at a 3 a.m. feeding. More on that in a later post. This is a picture of Senneth and Isaac during that first week.

1 comment:

dalsdolls said...

Kimberly!
I have loved reading your struggles and breakthroughs equally. Makes me want to root for the woman behind the clothes, NOT that you need any extra rooting for...your designs are extraordinary!
Keep doing what you love...be yourself which we all gladly have had a chance to meet via the "chat" and show what you're made of; strength, love, humor and an awesome designer!
Hugs,
dal